The McDaniel House was first occupied by Mose Marcus, who came to Vanceburg in 1898 and opened a clothing store on the corner of Market and Second Streets. The home was later occupied by the McDaniel family for many years. Grant McDaniel was born in Vanceburg in 1869. His business dealt with lumber, coal, fence posts, and fertilizer. The home features original Victorian gingerbread trim and a wrought iron fence. Now owned and occupied by Mrs. Alice Lee.