Vanceburg Depot

The railroad was known originally as the Maysville and Big Sandy Railroad.  The first depot was built on this site shortly after the railroad was completed in 1888 on land belonging to Lyman B. Baird, a son-in-law of Judge William C. Halbert.  The present depot was built about 1913 and has been renovated several times.  The building was completely restored in 2000.

More Information